Your home should promote the health or well-being of those residing inside it. Keeping a clean indoor environment is the key to keeping everyone inside healthy. Choosing tile over carpet for your flooring is the first step to creating a healthy indoor space because tile does not have fibers that trap pet dander and other allergens. They are also straightforward to maintain. However, no matter how low-maintenance tile is, it still needs to be regularly cleaned. You should also schedule a thorough tile cleaning for your home in Provo to make sure that all bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens are eliminated.
Why Do You Need to Hire a Professional Tile Cleaner?
Here are some obvious signs that you need the help of experts when it comes to cleaning your tiles.
- You are using the wrong cleaning solution on your tiles.
- You are using cleaning products that have toxic substances on them that can potentially harm your health and damage your tiles and grout lines.
- It takes you days to finish scrubbing the dirt off of your tiles.
- You don’t know how to clean hard-to-remove stains and dirt from the tiles and grout lines.
- You don’t know how to restore and regrout tile flooring.
- You are not sure how to remove mold infestation.
DIY Versus Professional Tile Cleaning
The number one reason why people choose to do DIY tile cleaning is that they want to save on expenses. Yes, tile is very easy to clean, as it just needs to be regularly swept and mopped. Small stains from spills on the floor can also be easily cleaned with a mop or rug. Just don’t forget to disinfect the area, especially if raw foods like egg or meat makes contact with the floor. However, for more complicated matters like mold, mildew, and hard water stains, you might need the help of an expert. Plus, there are tons of other advantages in hiring an expert tile cleaner, such as:
- They can help prolong the life of your tiles.
- They understand the condition of your tiles and carry on a thorough analysis of the floor condition before cleaning it so that they know what cleaning products and techniques they will use.
- They are knowledgeable when it comes to cleaning chemicals, so they know the best and least toxic cleaning chemicals and how much solution is needed to be used for proper cleaning.
- They know the kind of cleaning that works best for certain stains.
- They use specialized tools and equipment that require special training to operate.
Dust and other particles can settle on any flat surface. And when these particles are disturbed when you walk on the floor, they can circulate in the air and eventually get inhaled which is bad for the lungs. Dirty tiles can also cause you to lose traction, so they are extra slippery when wet like in bathrooms. Tiles are quite resilient that’s why they are placed in areas that are always damp or always get wet like the kitchen and bathroom. Unfortunately, mold can also grow in damp tile grouts. All these are hazardous to one’s health. Some of them can be remedied with a quick wipe using a dry cloth here and there, but dirty grout will need occasional deep cleaning. Professional tile cleaners have the necessary training and equipment to help keep your tiles clean.